I’m going to start this off with a nom, nom, nom! Mike and I have been shopping at the best farmers market in all of South Carolina for the past couple of weekends. We love it! The produce vendor that I like the most gave us a great deal on some Japanese eggplants. He also gave us two zucchinis for free! Score. Here is the easy recipe that I used last night to create a delicious meal in 45 minutes:
5 small Japanese eggplants (or 3 “normal” eggplants)
3 eggs beaten
5 cups of Italian style bread crumbs (I used Progresso)
14 oz Mozzarella (use more if you like it really cheesy)
1/2 cup Parmesan
Basil (Sorry, I didn’t measure. I just sprinkled until it looked pretty. LOL)
48 oz spaghetti sauce
1. Peel and thinly slice the eggplants (this took me a few minutes, so i’m listing it first)
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
3. Dip eggplants in egg and then coat with bread crumbs. Line them on a baking sheet, in a single layer.
4. Bake for 5 five minutes
5. In a 9″x13″ dish, pour half of the sphaghetti sauce, half of the eggplants and half of each cheese. Then repeat. You should end up with two layers of each ingredient. Sprinkle basil on top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has become golden.
*I did a lot of eyeball measuring, so use as much cheese and sauce that you personally would enjoy!
My fingers are crossed that you like it! I didn’t think about writing this post until this morning, so I only have a picture of what I brought with me for lunch. Hey now! I’m not a food blogger, I’m just sharing the wealth.
|Look at this gourmet one! Save this recipe for the weekend y’all!|
*This recipe is derived from any other yummy recipe that may be found on the net. I’m not claiming to be 100% original because… heck it’s eggplant parmesan peeps.