Yeow! I was nominated by four lovely women for the Liebster Award and I’m still dancing! The next batch of questions come from Susie, she has a fantastic blog where she chronicles her life as a wife, runner, ass kicker of Crohn’s Disease and overall badass. Her food posts always leave me drooling and jealous!
1. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?
Ginny the Cat. A few years ago, we had a Graduate Assistant who adopted a kitten, fell head over heels for her and spoils the cat to this day. Ginny’s birthday parties are a bigger deal than some people’s. Yeah, I wanna be Ginny.
2. What is your favorite essential oil, and why do you like it?
Lavender. Because I have a toddler who hates bedtime and tranq darts aren’t allowed.
3. What are three questions you wish you could answer, on any subject?
Anything geometry related. How to achieve a pretty blue hair color without ruining my curl pattern. How to quit
my your day job.
4. Are you a baker or a cooker? Is cooking fun for you or tiring?
I’m a natural at baking and cooking stresses me out now. Harper’s usually running away from Mike and into the kitchen screaming “EAT EAT”. Our smoke alarms are super sensitive so if we broil anything and open the oven…the alarm goes off and the dog loses her shit…which causes me to lose my shit. So yeah, baking.
5. What is your favorite Disney movie/character/song (answer all)?
Pocahontas because she was the only brown Disney girl back in my day (I didn’t like Jasmine so we’ll just ignore her). Grandmother Willow is my favorite character from the movie.
Maleficent is my favorite of all time. I’m about to sound like a hipster but here goes, I hate that the character is “in” now. It seems like “oh, SURE you like her”.
My favorite Disney song is “Just Around the Riverbend”
6. Seafood or landanimal? Seafood!
7. Huge zit or sunburn? Zit
8. Toasted or Untoasted? Toasted
9. Pen or pencil? Paper or virtual calendar? Pen and paper
10. Ice Bath or Deep Tissue Massage? Ice Bath
1. I’m pretty random
2. Being random makes it easy for me to do random facts
3. We’re going out to dinner with one of my best friends since high school and her hubby. NO KIDS ALLOWED. Sorry we’re not sorry! Hehe
4. My new drink at Starbucks is a Grande Iced Americano with sugar free vanilla and soy. Thank you Instagram for the constant inspiration.
5. I’m still Instaobsessed
6. I’ve used the phrase, “this is SO going on Instagram” at least twice this week.
7. No “eefs” were given
8. Mike baked some key lime cookies last night. I ate 5 of them.
9. I didn’t post that on Instagram or Twitter. Yeah, I’m bad. 😉
10. Pineapples and Neon are “giving me life” right now!
11. “Giving me life” is my new favorite phrase. I’m not sure where it comes from but I laugh every time I hear/read it.
Thank you again for the nomination, Susie! Muah!