Turkey, Trees and Weights

Hello fine people! Thanksgiving has come and gone with no additional inches to the waistband for me. Admittedly, I woke up on Thanksgiving morning with my throat on fire so food was of little interest to me. I had to apologize in advance to my husband because I couldn’t really smell and I couldn’t taste anything…both of those senses are crucial when you’re cooking. Luckily, everything turned out wonderfully! Normally, my mother-in-law cooks a Caribbean Thanksgiving feast but I was tasked with hosting last minute. Because I grew up eating turkey and Southern fixings on Turkey Day, that’s what we had at my house. I was able to find healthy versions of our favorite sides so that was a double win!

Turkey Carving Done Right

This is how we carve turkeys. Be afraid.

We put on a Christmas movie, poured apple cider and put the tree up after dinner! I still need to make the bow so a picture of the entire tree will come soon. I can’t decide if I want to use the plaid fabric I made some of the ornaments from for the bow or if I want it to be a solid red.

Hello December

I went shopping around for heavier weights for home because I want to get ready for my upcoming break. I’ll have about a week and a half off and the university’s gym will be closed during that time so I need to add to my home gym. More hex dumbbells and an EZ curl bar are on my wishlist for Santa!

What was your favorite Thanksgiving memory (if you celebrate)?

This post was fueled by yogurt, hot cinnamon spice tea from Starbucks and Michael Buble.

You still have one more day to enter the $25 Starbucks gift card giveaway.

Advertisements

23 thoughts on “Turkey, Trees and Weights

1. A Haute Mommy says:

I hope you are feeling better. My son was sick on Thanksgiving so our plans to spend time with my husband's family changed. My mom cooked and I smoked a turkey and after that I was exhausted and we went to sleep. But overall it was a good day. Your turkey looks good and your tree as well. I love the homemade touches.

2. Traci Rhoades says:

A Caribbean Thanksgiving feast sounds intriguing! Glad the food turned out even if you couldn't taste it. Kind of disappointing! My favorite part was that we all relaxed. Sometimes holidays can be stressful and busy. Our Thanksgiving was just the opposite this year!

3. Lacey White says:

looks like you had a great thanksgiving! I had a small crowd this year wanted something small and so it was just me my hubby and my dad. it was great however I dropped a lid on my foot so now one of my toes is bruised and i dont see any pedicures in my future anytime soon!

4. Earl-Leigh says:

Ha! My father-in-law is from Mississippi so when he heard about my roasted sweet potatoes, you would have thought I called him a four letter word. No candied yams…sorry!

5. Mary Johnson says:

Kudos for finding healthy recipes to traditional dishes and glad you are feeling better! I adore that picture of your husband! Made me giggle out loud.

This was the first year in a while that I hosted and had to cook but I split it with friends and it was very fun.

6. Erin says:

Oh goodness I hope you are feeling better! We were at my mother in laws and she did all the cooking. It was great fun except for when my child slammed by hand in the car door and broke my fingers. Ouch! Atleast the pie was good.

7. Melissa says:

LOL, your hubs looks like he was having a little too much fun carving the turkey. But you should've had what I did to make your throat feel better – Spiked Caramel Apple Cider. πŸ˜‰

I love reading what you have to say. Let's chat!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w