Finding YOUR Fit

This post may come off as preachy but that isn’t my intention. You’ve been warned. Ha!
My wonderful trainer has me set up with a program that I can do from home or at the gym. Because we’re at the point in the semester where we have back to back breaks, this was desperately needed. When the university is closed, the gym is closed. That is pretty much the only major con of my gym so I’ll take it. I had most of last week off for Thanksgiving so the home plans were used except for one day because I had too much chest congestion and a slight fever. Boo!
I’ve heard a lot of women say that they would love to get in shape but they can’t afford gym memberships or cant find the time to leave the house. I here ya girl and I’m here to offer my unsolicited opinion.
I did most of my Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer from home with dumbbells and resistance bands after Harper went to bed at night. What I “couldn’t” do from home I did at the gym. If I had taken the time to examine the workouts and what areas of the body they targeted, I’m sure I would have been able to do all of it at home. Or I would’ve made up my own program that was comparable. At that point, I just wanted to jumpstart my weightlifting and for me…Jamie was the way to go.
There are a lot of other programs through bodybuilding.com that you can do from home for FREE. My favorite price. Ha! If you are in a situation where you can and are willing to shell out money for a program like Insanity or Piyo…check out beachbody.com. I had great results with Insanity and loved Chalean Extreme until I got pregnant. I had a high risk pregnancy and wasn’t able to complete the program. Y’all know that I’m a proud member of the Tone It Up community and there are free TIU workouts on their website and YouTube channel. Karena and Katrina also have exercise dvd’s that are much cheaper than anything you’d get from beachbody.com. In most cases, the beachbody programs come with a nutrition guide to get you through the program of your choice successfully. With Tone It Up, there is a nutrition plan that you can purchase separately if you’d like. I got the nutrition plan for my birthday and love it! Karena and Katrina are constantly adding recipes so for me its worth the money. The nutrition plan aims to educate as well.
In a world where social media is booming, there are a large number of personal trainers who can offer online coaching. This is usually for someone (like me) who needs direction and accountability but doesn’t want/need in-person guidance. The only “me time” I get is when I’m at the gym and I treasure that. You will want to make sure that the person is actually qualified, an excellent communicator and passionate. If they don’t have philosophies that match your own…keep it moving. You also need to be willing to put in work. Don’t waste your money or their time.
Do you have any questions about Tone It Up, Live Fit or Insanity?
Are you trying to find your fit?
Do you have any advice for someone who may be trying to find their fit?

Congratulations, Susan!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

This post was fueled by water, a peanut butter and dark chocolate KIND bar and Jhene Aiko.

GIF

Advertisements

35 thoughts on “Finding YOUR Fit

1. Sharon Hanks says:

Yes, my “me” time is running or working out too! You are so right that there are so many resources for working out from things like PiYo and T25 to free online youtube videos. It's great! #wowlinkup

2. Montana Ross says:

I love PiYo! I just started it a week ago and it's intense and amazing! But I agree some of their programs are pricey. Same problem I have with yoga- I'm an on again/off again yogi due to the insane cost of classes! But I do love it and try to go as much as possible. 🙂

3. Corina Ramos says:

I don't go to the gym either…I prefer working out in the comfort of my own home. I only have a treadmill and some weights and I got that roller for the abs (goes to show how much I know 😉 ). I hitting my target areas and as long as I'm seeing the results…I'm good :). Also want to get my arms toned for a Christmas gift to myself :).

Great post…not preachy at all 🙂

4. Earl-Leigh says:

That's all you really need for a home gym! All of the other stuff is just icing on the cake. I think that a lot of us get overwhelmed and think we have to have some state of the art facility.

I'm glad to hear it wasn't preachy!

5. Femme Fitale Fit Club says:

I know i have said it before Jhene Aiko is the BUSINESS!!! I am able to afford a personal trainer so that is what I do because YES I need that extra push. I think we all do to a certain extent even the professionals. BUT to your point if you can't then there are a lot of FREE resources about available that can be used – you just have to be motivated and that comes from within. Great post and you did not come off too preachy to me. 🙂 #wowlinkup

6. Melissa says:

I've had a few friends do Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer, but they all went to the gym. I never tried it because I thought that you HAD to go to the gym. Totally starting it tomorrow now!

7. GiGi Eats Celebrities says:

I am trying to find my fit! I love pilates but I tend to be-friend my trainers so we talk 1/2 of the time… Ugh! That being said, come 2015 I am stepping it up a NOTCH and hiring a personal trainer, it's timee! I work out every day a TONE but I need to get more toned. I am starting to feel a little SOFT and I remember when I was far more CUT! LETS DO IT 2015!

I love reading what you have to say. Let's chat!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s